This episode looks specifically at letting agents with a discussion with Ben and Tessa on fees and redress schemes, followed by an interview with ARLA MD David Cox.
Here are some useful links:
The Property Redress Schemes:
Note that the Ombudsman can awared up to £25,000 (not charge this for their fees).
- Click here for a post on agency law on Landlord Law Blog
- Click here for a post on the agents fees regulations
- Click here to read about the Leigh Day claim against Foxtons
Links to items discussed in the David Cox interview
- ARLA – Association of Residential Letting Agents
- The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015
- The How to Rent Guide
- New Prescribed Section 21 Notice
- David Cox’s talk to the Landlord Law Wales Conference in May 2015